Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Digging In

So it's the second day of my quest to read the Bible in 1 year, and I'm caught up through day 3 (I started on the 6th, so I have a week to make up; so far I've made up one day!).  I can tell this is going to be life-changing.  I was born into a Christian family, went to a Christian high school, went to a Christian college, and have been attending church for my entire life, and in 3 days I think I've had more insight into God's being, Christ's sacrifice, and my own life than I've experienced in my lifetime!  God is truly blessing me.  Satan, on the other hand, is digging in.  I can tell he is going to try to make this difficult.  Sending up, and asking for, prayers that I can dig in my heels, stand up to temptation, and complete this journey and that God could find it in His heart to command the one who seeks to crush my head (Gen. 3:15) to stand down, and let me pass quietly through this valley.  However, if God sees fit to allow Satan to test me, please instill in me the fighting spirit not to become beaten down during this battle. 

It's not too late to join me!  Check out the reading schedule here if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment